Today is December 1st, and those of us Christmas fanatics can joyfully embrace every awesome hallmark of the season without feeling guilty for neglecting Halloween and Thanksgiving. I managed to keep my excitement in hand enough to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put up my Christmas tree, but that took an inhuman helping of patience (see what I did there?). In honor of the official beginning of the Christmas season, I’ve scoured the internet for suggestions for any geek to add to their Christmas list (for themselves or for someone else) at nearly any price point. Continue reading
Tag Archives: Funko Pop
Editorial | A Geek’s Christmas List
Filed under Editorial, Geek Life, Tracy Gronewold
Editorial | Have You Seen This (X)man?
As many of my readers who regularly follow the blog know, I really love Marvel’s blue, furry X-man Beast. I’ve written poems about him, and even my local comic book store regularly puts aside issues in which he appears for me to pick up. Seriously, it doesn’t matter what the book is about, I will buy it if Beast is in it. About a year ago I decided that I wanted to find a Beast statue, so I enlisted Andrew to help me look. I had no idea what I was getting us both into.
The first place I looked for Beast was, naturally, New York Comic Con. Conventions are often a great place to get hard to find collectible items. Lots of times comic book store owners will bring comics and collectibles that have been sitting in their stores for a long time, and they are willing to strike a bargain to avoid taking them home again. So I enthusiastically started at one end of the floor and headed toward the other. I have to be honest; I didn’t scour NYCC for a Beast statue. That was my first convention and I was pretty overwhelmed with the shiny things on both sides of me. Besides, how hard could it possibly be to find a statue of one of Marvel’s more popular characters? That was probably a poor choice of rhetorical questions. Continue reading
Filed under Editorial, Tracy Gronewold
And The Winner Is…
Congratulations to Pablo Dávila, winner of Therefore I Geek’s Game of Thrones giveaway.
Thanks again to all of our faithful readers, and also to those of you joining us for the first time. Keep checking in to Therefore I Geek for new posts, podcasts, and of course, giveaways.
Game of Thrones Giveaway
Unless you’ve been living under a rock and/or not reading Therefore I Geek recently, you know that this weekend is the premiere of HBO’s Game of Thrones season four. As part of our “Game of Thrones week” and in celebration of the new season we’re giving away a pair of Funko Pop figures: our favorite team, Arya Stark and Sandor “The Hound” Clegane. These adorable little guys are the perfect beginning/addition to any fan’s shelf porn collection. Enter to win starting right now (seriously, do it right now) until midnight (eastern time) on Saturday, April 5. We’ll choose an entry at random and announce our winner right before the mid-Atlantic premiere of the new season.
RULES: Please read the rules for entry carefully.
1) Entry is easy: simply comment on this post! Comments must be of some substance. This means no one word posts or gibberish. One entry per person will be accepted.*
2) Unfortunately, entries can only be accepted from persons living in the United States.
3) The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and announced on April 6, 2014. Every effort will be made to contact the winning party before the public announcement. The winner will need to provide an address where the prize can be shipped. (However, this should not be included in the comment.)
4) If it is determined that the winner is ineligible (not living in the United States, etc) then a new winner will be chosen at random, and contacted.
5) Failure to comply with the rules listed will result in an ineligible entry.
6) Final determination of eligibility will be made solely by the staff of Therefore I Geek.
*If your comment doesn’t appear right away DON’T PANIC! The staff of Therefore I Geek tries to approve all comments in a timely manner, but we do occasionally require sleep.