***** SPOILER ALERT *****
This review will be discussing plot points which may be considered spoilers. Consider yourselves warned.
So that was… quiet. The Game of Thrones season premiere was not at all what I was expecting, but it gently immersed us fans back into the world of Westeros and the Free Lands.
In case you had forgotten how much you hated Tywin Lannister, I would like to have a moment of silence for Ice, the great sword wielded by Starks time immemorial, that was taken from and used to behead Lord Eddard Stark and has now been melted down into two Valyrian steel swords. I know that Jaime has not yet become a truly good man, but there is a little part of me that is still bitter over Ned’s death, and that part is angry. There is only one place that Tywin Lannister could have gotten enough Valyrian steel for two swords. Jaime would have known that. But at the same time I understand that there was no way for what Tywin had done to be undone.
Not my usual, but nice.
Oberyn Martell… looks nothing like I pictured, but he plays his role so well that I can already feel my imagined Oberyn turning into the TV show Oberyn. He’s very suave. Also, the Dornish love wine and sex. Seriously. Tyrion should really consider moving to Dorne. Continue reading
Congratulations to Pablo Dávila, winner of Therefore I Geek’s Game of Thrones giveaway.
Thanks again to all of our faithful readers, and also to those of you joining us for the first time. Keep checking in to Therefore I Geek for new posts, podcasts, and of course, giveaways.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock and/or not reading Therefore I Geek recently, you know that this weekend is the premiere of HBO’s Game of Thrones season four. As part of our “Game of Thrones week” and in celebration of the new season we’re giving away a pair of Funko Pop figures: our favorite team, Arya Stark and Sandor “The Hound” Clegane. These adorable little guys are the perfect beginning/addition to any fan’s shelf porn collection. Enter to win starting right now (seriously, do it right now) until midnight (eastern time) on Saturday, April 5. We’ll choose an entry at random and announce our winner right before the mid-Atlantic premiere of the new season.
Arya and The Hound and Arya
RULES: Please read the rules for entry carefully.
1) Entry is easy: simply comment on this post! Comments must be of some substance. This means no one word posts or gibberish. One entry per person will be accepted.*
2) Unfortunately, entries can only be accepted from persons living in the United States.
3) The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries and announced on April 6, 2014. Every effort will be made to contact the winning party before the public announcement. The winner will need to provide an address where the prize can be shipped. (However, this should not be included in the comment.)
4) If it is determined that the winner is ineligible (not living in the United States, etc) then a new winner will be chosen at random, and contacted.
5) Failure to comply with the rules listed will result in an ineligible entry.
6) Final determination of eligibility will be made solely by the staff of Therefore I Geek.
*If your comment doesn’t appear right away DON’T PANIC! The staff of Therefore I Geek tries to approve all comments in a timely manner, but we do occasionally require sleep.